For Annmarie Lanesey, Greane Tree Technology President, technology is a tool for innovation, community development, and empowerment.
Annmarie holds a Bachelor of Science in Electronic Art...More
SUNY Orange has touched the lives of countless numbers of the county’s 350,000 residents through its credit programs, non-credit programming and cultural events. As the needs of the community grow, the college will continue to play a significant role in the county’s endeavor to face the challenges and to profit from the opportunities that await it.
SUNY Orange was founded in 1950 as the first county-sponsored community college in the State University of New York system.
Morrison Hall was donated to Orange County by Mrs. Christine Morrison as part of the College's formation. Morrison Hall was originally built for the family of Webb Horton, a retired industrialist. More information about Webb Horton can be found in: Webb Horton: Tannery King by Kathleen Malia of the SUNY Orange English Department.
The college has earned its reputation as a pioneer and innovator in meeting the needs of its students and the area it primarily serves. SUNY Orange was the first two-year college in the nation to offer the associate degree nursing program and studies in electron microscopy; and in 1982, the college was the first community college to plan and co-sponsor with local chambers of commerce a business institute.