2019 Hackathon Participant General Guidelines
- Any one over the age of 15 can participate, with no chaperone required. There is no limit on size of team, but all must be present.
- Please bring your own laptop with software or tools you need to succeed.
- All teams will create a "digital artifact" to help visualize your official Hackathon entry.
- Registration begins at 8:00 AM. Please arrive no later than 9:00 AM and stay through the awards ceremony beginning at 4:00 PM.
- Entries may be considered “open source” to best demonstrate our regional capabilities.
- Each team will have ample seating, workspace and snacks to promote creativity and productivit
Download The Guidelines
2019 Hackathon Scoring
The following criteria will be used to score all Hackathon entries. This structured approach ensures all entries are viewed as equal and promotes multiple award opportunities.
Please define an issue within the Hudson Valley related to economic impacts that some form of solution can solve by the creation of new jobs, retention of workers or solving for quality of life thanks to some form of educational technology.
Tip: Use example data points, article or other citation source to further add validation to your issue statement.
Please highlight a specific problem related to the underlying issue. This can be something small such as a damaged walkway in your neighborhood or something more complex like finding a quality and affordable healthcare for the elderly.
The problem needs to be clearly defined to maximize scoring in this category
Your entry will be evaluated in five ways.
- Overall "digital artifact" presentation
- Teamwork and collaboration
- User interface (UI) for your solution
- User experience (UX) for your solution
- Technical skills in creating the solution
Your entry will be evaluated in four ways.
- Community impact
- Financial benefits or cost savings
- Workforce and skill retention
- Regional growth contributions
2019 Hackathon Awards
Awards for highest overall score, runner up plus top entry scores for Issue, Problem, Solution and Value will be presented. Recognition awards for all judges and mentors will also be provided.