OpenHub is proud to announce HVTechFest 2020
Conference Coming October 2020
APPLY TO PRESENT
To enhance HVTechFest 2020, we want to hear your conference proposals. We’re looking for transformative session proposals that will inspire our next decade of work using technology, data, and design for the public good.
Call For Speakers is deadline is August 1st, 2020!
Technology & Recovery - Adapting to the 'New Abnormal'
Topic: Untangling HV’s Tech-ed to Workforce Pipeline:
- Too many people unemployed
- Too many open jobs.
- Too many schools failing to prepare students for the working world
- Too many corporations unable to find the labor that they need to succeed
- More than enough people willing and able to fill those jobs
Topic: Ed-Tech - Challenges for remote Schooling and remote Colleging
- Whitelisted Chromebooks
- Digital Divide at home --literacy, --affordable broadband, --dedicated learning space, --the only device for the family, --engagement, --2 working parents, --mental health
- Remote relationship-building - creative solution
- Expensive college while at home?
- Remote Ceremonies, --lack of socializing
- Quality of remote university
Topic: Small Business Recovery
- How to take your business to the next level online.
- Tools for digital transformation
- How to onboard with tech - creating a tech plan
- Data tools for business growth
Topic: Digital Divide
- Home broadband
- Access to tech devices/software
- Digital Literacy
- Digital Resilience
Be a presenter!
To enhance HVTechFest 2020, we want to hear your conference proposals.
We’re looking for transformative session proposals that will inspire our next decade of work using technology, data, and design for the public good.
Call For Speakers is deadline is August 15th, 2020!
2020 HVTechFest goals:
Strengthening the Hudson Valley community of emerging and professional Technologists
Welcoming to OpenHub: Small and Medium businesses searching for tech solutions
Continuing the development of relationships with Government and Community Anchor Institutions
Developing the Tech Startup + Entrepreneur ecosystem: With funding, networking, support