WHAT - WHEN - WHERE
hack·a·thon (noun) -- an event in which computer programmers, hardware engineers and others involved in product development, including graphic designers, interface designers and project managers, collaborate intensively on software and hardware projects over a short period of time.
When: October 12th, 9am-5pm, Reception with announcing the winners - 6pm
Where: Mount Saint Mary College, Newburgh, NY. Kaplan Recreation Center (Gym)
What: Hackathon / DevFest
- Challenges to solve / Technology to use
- Sponsors to announce prizes for specific challenges
- Participants to form Teams (usually up to 5)
- Roles: Product Manager, Architect, UI Designer, Programmer / Web Developer / Coder
- Volunteers to coordinate and consult teams on a specific technology and business perspectives
- Mentors to assist teams
- Jury to choose the winners
DEFINING THE HUDSON VALLEY TECH HACKATHON
- A hackathon is a collaborative programming event where participants come together as a team to make their ideas a reality in a sprint-like setup. This year AT&T Hudson Valley Hackathon Challenges Local Youth to Use Technology for Social Good and to Plug the Regional Brain Drain
- The goal for this hackathon is to produce usable (software or hardware) prototype or digital artifact to be demonstrated to a panel of judges. Teams will be judged on a variety of categories - see the Hackathon page, and the team with the best product /prototype will win a prize.
- 2019 HVTech Hackathon leaders: Andrea Tejedor and Steve Bossert
- Hudson Valley Developers Festival / Hackathon is an annual event where computer programmers and others involved in software development, including graphic designers, interface designers, project managers, and domain experts, collaborate intensively on software projects.
- First HV Hackathon is organized by Open Hub and Orange County, NY. It takes place in Newburgh, NY
- HV Hackathon serves to engage students and community in tech collaboration and provide real life experience in technology influencing your day-to-day life and serving your community.
- It will inspire the youth with the technology, help workforce readiness and solve real life problems in the Hudson Valley:
- College and school students can have the opportunity to collaborate with local and global tech professionals, innovate new ideas, discover different tech paths, and push the boundaries of technology
- Local developers can demonstrate their expertise and win the recognition
- Local community, businesses and government officials can learn and get their problems solved engaging tech community.
- Participants: School students, College students to form the teams, professional developers to mentor, guide and assist teams.
- Attendance: 50+ technologist practitioners / developers, 50+ college students (Vassar, Suny New Paltz, Marist, Mount Saint Mary College, SUNY Orange, SUNY Ulster, SUNY Dutchess), 50+ high school STEM students (grade 9-12), 50+ business managers (product, project, designers, entrepreneurs etc)
- Tickets for Hackathon only: $15.00 + $2.72 FEE. $5 for college students. We have special discounts and promo codes available provided our sponsors! Thanks to AT&T, 1Ci, DocuWare, GDG Capital Region
- How many students will participate in HV Hackathon?
- We expect over 100 students sign up for the hackathon, however we are looking at a larger attendance rate next year (200+) as we will apply to become MLH certified.
- Why sponsor us?
- Receive access to resumes from talented students across the Hudson Valley
- Promotional Branding on all HV Tech Festival products like Shirts, Lanyards, etc
- Send Speakers or Mentors to interact with participants
- Receive feedback from students about API’s or product demos
- What are the rules / theme?
- Headline: How Technology can serve better leaving in Hudson Valley.
- Theme for 2019: Education leading to Employability. Professional Sustainability
- The rulebook for HV Hackathon will be released soon, but you can the guidelines for Judges, Mentors and Participants available right now
- I have more unanswered questions about the Hackathon!
- You can email the following people regarding specific questions
- festival at openhubproject.com - General Sponsorship Questions
- yulia at openhubproject.com - Hackathon Questions and Everything Else